Every week members of the Grand Cozumel have an opportunity to get to know one another while on vacation. A relaxed atmosphere where staff members and guests alike can interact in a relaxed atmosphere while enjoying delicious food and sipping on their favorite drink.
The photos speak for themselves!
Last week Mexican President Félipe Calderón announced the island nation will co-host this year's version of the most renowned regatta in the world, the 2013/2014 Clipper Round the World Yacht Race.
A fleet of twelve identical 70 foot racing yachts will set sail from England in 2013 to circumnavigate the globe in an 11 month-long marathon due to arrive in Cozumel around April 2014.
The event and all the celebratory activities will be held in the island’s brand new marina, which is expected to be operational in the next two months.
William Ward, CEO of Clipper Ventures, the British organizers of the race, said “Cozumel’s surroundings, world-renowned coastline and history will be a delight for sponsors and the crew, and will give Cozumel a great platform to market itself globally.”
Marina Cozumel represents one of the current Mexican government's largest investments in tourism infrastructure, and has been managed by Fonatur, the same federal agency that created the Mexican Caribbean resort of Cancun.
Source: This is Cozumel
Every week at each one of our First Club Lounges, we throw a party for our members.
We dance, eat delicious food, enjoy our favorite cocktails, and have the best time!
Last month we had a dance lesson with one of the Fun Club staff. it was a blast! Check out the video below and click here to see more photos!
Is this you?
The Transportation Safety Board (TSB) is showing leniency for travelers age 75 and older, announcing the implementation of a "more intelligent-driven security system" at four U.S. airports, providing Senior Citizens a less stressful experience at the security line.
Starting March 19, senior passengers at select U.S. airpors (Chicago, Denver, Orlando and Portland, Oregon) may experience a modified screen procedure. Additionally, older flyers may get to go through body scanners a second time when abnormalities are detected, reducing the frequency of pat downs for the elderly.
According to the Transportation Safety Administration's website, "These changes will allow officers to better focus their efforts on passengers who may be more likely to pose a risk to transportation, while expediting the screening process."
What do you think about these new rules? Will you be traveling more often?
After a year of renovations and a US$ 12 million investment, the Grand Nuevo Vallarta is once again open for business.
This restoration is part of Occidental Vacation Club's continued commitment of upgrading its existing properties, while expanding its current portafolio of over 11 resorts.
Calling all food and wine lovers! The First Annual Cancun-Riviera Maya Wine & Food Festival will be hold from March 15 to March 18, 2012.
The event is spponsored by the Convention and Visitors' Bureau of Cancun, which aims to attract domestic and international travelers to the most awe-inspiring destinations in Cancun and the Riviera Maya.
Various events will be held during the Festival, such as wine-tasting seminars, “The Future of Cuisine” with Ferran Adrià, Chef Cooking Demos, Tapas & Paellas Competition, After Dark Cancun Parties and a Closing Latin Grill and Fiesta, among many others.
This international festival is the first gourmet lifestyle event dedicated exclusively to celebrating the “Best in the Americas" introducing talent, wine, food and spirits, as well as the rich ingredients and cultural traditions known to Mexico. All this good fun and delectable tastes will actually give back to the community, with proceeds from the festival supporting the area’s Ciudad de la Alegria.
The Fundación Ciudad de la Alegria sponsors the education of severely underprivileged children, provides solutions for women who have been victim of violence and brings help to the frail elderly in the community who are without family support.
If you will be around Riviera Maya this week, don’t miss this Festival!
(Source: US-Mexico Tourism Alliance, US Dept of Commerce, US Dept of State)
- Mexico is the number one vacation destination for U.S. citizens with approximately 20 million visitors annually. Reasons for travel to Mexico include the warm, friendly people of Mexico, the beauty, culture and history, not to mention the strength of the U.S. dollar. In fact, it is more economical to vacation in Mexico than many domestic options, making it the only feasible vacation option for many Americans during a bad U.S. economy.
- U.S. relations with Mexico have a direct impact on the lives and livelihoods of millions of Americans--whether the issue is trade and economic reform, homeland security, drug control, migration, or the environment. The U.S. and Mexico are partners in NAFTA, enjoying a broad and expanding trade relationship. Since the first North American Leaders’ Summit in 2005, the United States, Canada, and Mexico have been cooperating more closely on a trilateral basis to improve North American competitiveness, ensure the safety of our citizens, and promote clean energy and a healthy environment.
- The scope of U.S.-Mexican relations goes far beyond diplomatic and official contacts; it entails extensive commercial, cultural, and educational ties, as demonstrated by the annual figure of about a million legal border crossings a day. In addition, a million American citizens live in Mexico. More than 18,000 companies with U.S. investment have operations there, and the U.S. accounts for more than 40% of all foreign direct investment in Mexico.
- Mexico is an active and constructive member of the World Trade Organization, the G-20, and the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development. The Mexican Government and many businesses support a Free Trade Area of the Americas.
- Mexico is the United States’ second-largest export market and third-largest trading partner. Top U.S. exports to Mexico include electronic equipment, motor vehicle parts, and chemicals. These exports generate revenue that is critical to U.S. companies and the U.S. economy.
- Fruit and vegetable exports from Mexico have increased dramatically in recent years, exceeding $4.7 billion to the United States alone in 2009. If not for this import, U.S. citizens would pay higher prices for its fruits and vegetables.
- In 2009, Mexico was the world's seventh-largest producer of crude oil, and the second-largest supplier of oil to the U.S.
- Foreign direct investment (FDI) in Mexico for 2009 was $14.4 billion, down 51% from the previous year. The U.S. was once again the largest foreign investor in Mexico, accounting for 45% ($6.4 billion FDI from the U.S.) of reported FDI. The economic slowdown in the U.S. in 2008 and 2009 caused a significant decline in this figure. The Mexican Government estimate of FDI for 2010 is $15 billion to $20 billion.
Nothing screams Caribbean as much as a Mojito does! Although the exact origin of this classic cocktail is the subject of debate, the Mojito is Cuba's signature cocktail.
Traditionally, a Mojito is a cocktail that consists of five ingredients: white rum, sugar (traditionally sugar cane juice), lime juice, sparkling water and mint. It's one of the most famous rum-based highballs and was a favorite drink of author Ernest Hemingway.
We love our members. They are fun, outgoing people who know how to really enjoy their vacation. Everyday they share with us photos and videos of their time in our resorts. And, do they know how to have a good time!
Take a look at these photos. Don't you wish you were there? Share your photos with us! Post them on our Facebook page.
Luis Rosa Soledad caught this 65lbs Mahi Mahi in Aruba
Walter Przyuski relaxing in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Well, not exactly Michael Jackson, but almost!
Here at Occidental Vacation Club, nightly entertainment is an important part of the overall experience. Every night we feature a different and exiting show; a colorful display of the talent of the Occidental staff.
Here is a preview of the new Grand Punta Cana: Michael Jackson show!